January 7, 2007

Dusting McCain Off My Hands

In response to McCain's call to send 20,000 more troops to Iraq, The Today Show's Matt Lauer asked him: “Is this a number’s game? Will 20,000 do the job in your opinion?” McCain responded, “I’m not sure."
***
My next question is, 'Then why send them?'
Last year McCain had my respect.
Though I lean pretty far to the left, I'm not a knee-jerk Democrat.
If McCain had maintained his integrity-- if he had not gone into a back room and consulted a dictionary to decide what 'torture' is; if he had not worked with a committee to decide 'how much torture is too much'; and if he were not now urging an increase in troops when he himself is 'not sure' the number of troops he is calling for will be enough; I would have given him a long, hard look in 2008.

Now, my consolation is that he seems to be the best the Republicans have to offer.
His lack of integrity allows me to turn my attention strictly to the Democrats -- OK folks, show me what YOU'VE got.'

3 comments:

TomCat said...

100% agree. Did you see the vid I posted yesterday about how he is lying about his pre-invasion expectations?

two crows said...

yep, I saw that.
his backtracking would have been comical if so much weren't at stake.

Alien Citizen said...

Absolutely, these are disappointing truths, even for a student of history like myself, who can see that these kinds of deceptions (politically and economically expedient for the powerful few) go far far back. I posted on McCain and cronies at Alien Citizens and while I only sometimes post anything much on this, my personal blog, I will make a link to yours, as it is quite captivating.

All the best,
Alien CitizenS