August 22, 2008

Don't Just Junk Your Junk Mail

My cell phone company [Credo -- used to be Working Assets] is, imnsho, a really cool company.
It manages to charge the same amount as other companies and, at the same time, donate 1% of your payment to good causes like Green Peace, Care, ACLU, Amnesty International, etc. There are 4 categories of donation sites: those that fight hunger, work for peace, civil rights and the environment. At year's end, all customers receive a ballot so we can vote on how we want the money portioned out.

They allow you to phone Congress every day for free. And they alert you to bills currently being debated, and other important matters. You can contact Congress yourself or, for a fee, they'll send snail mail on your behalf [snail mail gets more attention in Congressional offices than email does.]
All this -- and a competitive price, too. You can't beat that with a stick.

Today, this URL came in their e-bill. The creativity of people as they deal with their junk mail is pretty amazing. I've been sending back those prepaid envelopes for a while now. But I think I'm going to
start mulching my garden with some of it, as well.

You can take a look at some of the more resourceful things people have done with their junk mail here.
Or, if interested in checking out the company, you can go here: http://www.credomobile.com/.

4 comments:

jmsjoin said...

Hi two crows!
You just made Credo sound better than they do. I get E's from them all the time but ignore them. I won't ignore the next one so thanks!

two crows said...

hi, Jim--
yeah, they're not so hot at pitching themselves.
I learned about em by word-of-mouth back in the 8o's when all they had was a credit card company.

since then, I've quit the credit card. W-Assets doesn't have control over what its service provider does -- and it did some not-so-nice stuff. so, I quit it.

but, so far, it seems to be measuring up on its phone co. side.
if you DO check em out, ask about the Ben & Jerry's offer. it used to give all new sign-ups a pint-a-month for a year. :9

Dave Dubya said...

Cool. Time to dump Verizon.

Bring on the Cherry Garcia!

two crows said...

hi, dave--
yeah, it IS nice to have an alternative.

btw-- before I switched, I made sure they WOULD NOT give the gov't my data. they said not.

it's chunky monkey for me. =9