Does McCain want to lose? And, was that the plan from the beginning?
- he ran for the presidency despite his recent history with the Keating 5.
- he reversed his policy regarding torture just six years ago.
- he seems still not to understand that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Or is that a ruse?
- he sang 'Bomb! Bomb! Bomb! Bomb, bomb Iran.'
- he has talked about remaining in Iraq for 100 years when the country has clearly stated that it is already well past time for our children to come home.
- he publicly called his wife a pejorative term I won't repeat.
- does he really have no clue how many homes he owns? saying so certainly increases the perception that he is senile. given how well he can evade questions when he wants to, why did he answer this one?
- after speaking to her by phone twice, he chose a Barbie Doll as running mate.
- although he has repeatedly said that he doesn't want to talk about it, he has repeatedly referenced his time in Vietnam.
- it was clear, before the debates, that McCain had to "bloody Obama's nose." He failed to do so. instead he bloodied his own when he did not even look at Obama during the first debate and, during the second, he referred to him as, 'That one.' These smack of objectification of a Black man -- twice during two debates.
- he referenced past presidents from Teddy Roosevelt to Reagan -- aligning himself with the past -- not the future.
- he was condescending toward the audience -- especially toward the Black man who asked him about the economy.
- he sucker punched the moderator of the debate.
- he wandered in front of the camera while Brokaw was signing off -- a move that made him look senile.
- and, he fled the building as soon as the second debate was over -- leaving the floor to Obama.
- he is as good a sacrificial lamb as his party could come up with: he won't be in a position to run again in four years. He'll be 76 years old by that time. The running mate he has "chosen" will be sent packing to do her cheer leading in Alaska-- never to be heard from again. And she's so stupid, she won't even know how she has been used to 1] drag McCain down and 2] dramatically lessen the chances for women who run for high office in the foreseeable future.
The fact is-- there is no human on the planet who can accomplish that repair in one term -- even if he has Congress on his side. Given that reality, the Republicans will be positioned to grab back all the marbles in both branches four years from now.
Much of the hard work will have been done by then and they can take credit for any policies that seem to be working while blaming the Democrats for those that don't.
I would have thought such a diabolical plan was beyond this gang that can't shoot straight except for one thing: designing a short-term strategy to grab power is much easier than running [much less rescuing] a country.