May 1, 2009

WTF???
As I’ve moaned about before, I’m appalled that Obama wants to “move on” from torture.

I watched McSame last Sunday—on Face the Nation, I think—saying, “We shouldn’t do it again. We won’t do it again.”
Then he accused Democrats of playing politics with torture.

I saw Newt on some other show saying, “I think this is something we shouldn’t do,” while saying he doesn’t know if waterboarding is torture or not.

I’ve listened to Pelosi when she said: “I didn’t know about the waterboarding.”

And, Monday night, Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon, who is on the Select Committee on Intelligence, kept telling Rachel, “As soon as I found out what happened. . . ,” “We don’t yet have all the facts. . . ,” and, “The memos were offensive.”
+++
Other than Pelosi [how could she not have known? _I_ knew!] the Democrats are being somewhat more skilled in their dancing around the issue.

But, the fact remains, they’re dancing. In some ways they remind me of the “danse macabre” of the middle ages. And the denials throughout Europe [and here] after World War II.

Keep dancing, politicos. I’ll keep taking notes and keeping score. And, come November, 2012, I’ll remember. So will lots and lots of other people. You remember that.

3 comments:

two crows said...

hi, Poli--
I think you hit the nail on the head.
O is afraid of another 36 years like the last 36 -- during which the Republicans [assuming they survive the next 2 years] try to impeach every Democratic president they can get their hands on.

After Nixon, they did it with Carter, they drummed Eagleton off Mondale's ticket and they finally managed to impeach Clinton for sleeping around.

Only editorial cartoonists have the chutzpah to depict Clinton saying, "I did not have sex with that woman," next to Bush saying, "America does not torture," and ask, "Which crime is worthy of impeachment?"

Our elected officials do not have the morals of cartoonists.
I guess I'll have to vote for someone with ink on his or her fingers in 2012.

libhom said...

I hope Cindy Sheehan runs against Pelosi again in 2010.

two crows said...

hi libhom--
I kinda doubt it, though.
I visited her website yesterday and she's reduced to begging for money to stay out of jail-- debtors' prison, more like.