December 17, 2006

Sunday with Remote-in-Hand

Doing my usual Sunday morning flipping here [I could be a friggin MAN on Sunday mornings with my remote - in - hand - shennanigans!]
*_*_*
Meet the Press:
I heard Newt Gingrich start a statement in the real world and end it in the Twilight Zone / World of Politics.
'If I were handling the Iraq war, I would recognize that our nation has to send a signal to the world that we are unified. This has to be an American war -- not the President's war. We have to decide: Are we going to win? Or not? So, I would consult Congress. If the Democrats decide we're going to lose, so be it.'
xxx
Here's my translation of his statement:
1] I'm running for President in 2008
2] It's never too early to start dissing the Democrats.
3] It's time to tell the American people that the Republicans had nothing to do with this war. If we say it often enough and loud enough they're stupid enough to belive us.
4] I'll play politics with hundreds of thousands [maybe millions] of lives if it might get me a step closer to my personal goal.
*_*_*
This Week with George Stephanopolous:
In response to the question, 'Is Senator Johnson conscious?' Senator Reid said, 'I'm not a doctor.' He never answered the question.
xxx
In other words--'No, he's not conscious.'

1 comment:

TomCat said...

Newt is a very dangerous ideologue.

Prayers for Sen. Johnson.