January 3, 2007

Impeachment--Not Taken Lightly
I used to be against the idea of impeaching President Bush. I witnessed the Nixon era and wanted to avoid going through that angst again if at all possible.
A few months ago, I began rethinking that position.

Now, Bush has come out with a plan to send ever more troops to Iraq. He is moving forward with his plan despite everything he is being told by his generals on the ground and by the troops themselves. There can be only one reason for such hubris. It is not to win in Iraq. That has been shown to be beyond our capability. It is not to contain the civil war-- it is already out of control.
He is simply feeding his bottomless ego.

So, today, I officially go on record as joining the growing number of Americans calling for the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney. After their impeachments, we must remove them from office. And after that we must begin criminal action against them.

Here is one reason why.
Here is another.

3 comments:

The Counselor said...

Two Crows, I come to you by way of crpitt and boy am I glad!!

I thought I was the only one completely outraged at Bush's increasing incompetency. Although I didn't witness the proceedings with Nixon, I can say that this is well worth the turmoil. After all, it can't be worse than fighting a neverending war--over oil...I mean security.

two crows said...

hi, counselor--
believe me, you're not alone.
check the list of blogs towar the bottom of the page. and that's just the tip of the iceburg. I'm constantly finding new ones of like mind.

welcome.
and please write your representative.
we've got to get rid of Bush!

TomCat said...

TC, I could not agree more. Impeachment should never be taken lightly, but this case we have a pResident that does not care, what the people, the Congress, or the troops think, and routinely fires generals with the audacity to disagree with his policies, which he has also claimed are directed by God. He has transformed out nation into a rogue state, an international pariah. He must be stopped.

Welcome Counselor. I looked at your blog and liked it.