March 22, 2008

Some Things Never Change.Others Just Stay The Same.
Remember the pictures of Bush playing the guitar at a birthday party while Katrina raged?

This morning I heard about what was happening while Bears Stearn was being bailed out by the Federal Reserve: Back at the White House, a press conference was going on. Our Entertainer in Chief was hamming it up for the cameras. He actually broke into a little soft-shoe.

I don't know about you, but this sort of behavior seems, to me, like that of someone for whom everything is going according to plan. . . .

4 comments:

Distributorcap said...

it is going according to plan..

the country is falling apart and he and his friends are getting richer

couldnt be more simple

LET'S TALK said...

It seems that America is going mad. We have this President helping himself and the rich and the Democrats start to fight over what seems to be a nasty nominee election in their party.

Why have our government used our tax dollars to bail out Bears Stearn while our people continue to suffer and loose homes and in the case of Katrina, loose everything?

What are we becoming two crows?

two crows said...

hey, distributorcap--
yep -- I do believe you're right.

I doubt this was Bush's plan -- he was just a willing dupe-- but I think Cheney's gotten exactly what he wanted.

he _tried_ to do it under Nixon and failed. but he just bided his time. the man is nothing if not patient.

two crows said...

hi, LT--
I think the Fed did the right thing this time. and I, for one, am amazed.

it's a shame that the bail-out was necessary, but if the American people had seen the Fed take a "Don't worry--Be happy" let- the- market- sort- itself- out, attitude, there would've been a run on the banks that NO amount of gov't intervention could have stopped [especially as broke as the gov't is now]. and we'd have been in a much bigger world of trouble than we are.

I'm still waiting to see if any more shoes drop. meanwhile, I am continuing to batten down the hatches [stockpiling necessities] and I recommend others do the same. I think we're still in for a wild ride economically.