August 16, 2007

All Right Children-- Are You Ready for Your Bedtime Horror Story?

This from Chuck Baldwin-- May 25, 2007
xxx
'. . [B]ack in 2001. . I predicted . . that George W. Bush would do to the Republican Party much the same thing that Bill Clinton did to the Democratic Party. . . I could not then realize the magnitude of that prediction.
'. . Bill Clinton helped to elect more Republicans than the Republican National Committee could ever dream about. Now, the same thing is happening with George W. Bush. In spades!


'I warned my audience in 2001 that George W. Bush had every intention of invading Iraq, and once there, did not plan to leave. . . I also predicted that Bush would seek to facilitate illegal immigration and create the working group to create a hemispheric government.

'I then said that if Bush did as I suspected he would, it would be the end of the Republican Party as a major force in American politics.'

^^^
'George W. Bush is driving the GOP off the cliff. . .

'The GOP is in a self-destruct mode, and I don't believe anyone can do anything to prevent it.

'Dr. Jerry Corsi reports that President Bush has just signed a Presidential Directive that would give the President dictatorial powers should he decide to declare a "national emergency."

'Corsi writes, "President Bush, without so much as issuing a press statement, on May 9 signed a directive that granted near dictatorial powers to the office of the president in the event of a national emergency declared by the president."

'"[W]hen the president determines a national emergency has occurred, the president can declare to the office of the presidency powers usually assumed by dictators to direct any and all government and business activities until the emergency is declared over."

'Is George W. Bush an egomaniac. . , or is he a bumbling, stumbling, simpleton-cowboy. . , or is he deliberately and meticulously . . orchestrating
America's entrance into Daddy Bush's "New World Order"? I personally believe the correct answer is found behind curtain number three. [emphasis added]
Click here for complete text
***
This op-ed is one I would expect to see from a liberal-- sounding the klaxon to other liberals that it's time to head for the hills. But, from what I can make of him, Rev. Baldwin is a fairly ultra-conservative. For instance, he would vote for president only for: Judge Roy Moore [of 10 Commandments in the Alabama Supreme Court fame], Pat Buchanan, Alan Keyes, or Ron Paul.
He has taken off the rose- colored glasses.

It's even more frightening reading something like this from a died-in-the-wool Conservative.

4 comments:

TomCat said...

As you know, I share your concern in this. I disagree with the author, however on the door issue. Somehow I think it's behins door number 1... and door number 2... and door number 3.

two crows said...

hey, TC--
wellllll--
I can see how it could be doors 1 & 2 or doors 1 & 3. but I have trouble seeing how it could be 2 & 3.

Snave said...

It is interesting to watch as more and more conservatives are seeing the light, seeing what Bush is really up to.

The ones that I think need to see the light are the Sean Hannitys and Bill O'Reillys of the world, but of course they are probably under orders to never badmouth the administration for any reason, and besides, they probably believe all the Bush bullshit anyway.

I think Bush IS destroying the GOP in numerous ways. I agree with the Rev, that Bush IS driving the GOP off a cliff, and there isn't anything anyone can to do stop it. It is both fascinating and frightening to watch.

But does that really matter? Does Bush really care that he is doing this? In the long run, the demise of the GOP may not matter at all if Bush decides to use his newly minted situational dictatorial powers(that would probably become permanent).

two crows said...

g'morning, Snave--
yep.
and I'm wondering if that wasn't the plan all along.
IS this man the dupe, the puppet who was supposed to bring the country and the world crashing down around all our ears so that the men-behind-the- curtain could build their New World Order after he has set things up so prettily for them to just take over?

I think we'll know the answer to that question when Bush declares martial law OR the dems are in full control of the White House and Congress.

I just wish I could slip into something more comfortable -- like a coma -- until one of those things comes to pass. This waiting for the other shoe to drop is agonizing.