January 16, 2008

Last year, I picked this up on Mary Ellen's Divine Democrat:
When addressing your holiday cards this year, send one (or more) to:
A Recovering American soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

So, I did it. I sent some cards to Walter Reed addressed exactly as you see here.
And they've all been trickling back to me one by one by one. They were marked, 'Return to sender. Undeliverable as addressed.'
This is how our government supports our troops who answered its call to go, to fight, to be maimed and to watch their friends die.
However much they may have been [imo] duped and betrayed by the claims of the administration, however much they were [imo] mistaken, I tried to let them know they're not forgotten by the citizens of this country.

Obviously, however, they are forgotten and betrayed yet again by their government which would not even allow them to receive Christmas cards from their fellow citizens.
Once again, they were betrayed. As are we all by this callous government.

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I left a Christmas gift for you on my blog, two crows. Check it out when you have time. ;-)

two crows said...

hey, ME--
in fact, I just came from your blog--
and thanks SO much for the bike!! JUST what I wanted!
:)